Tyler represents clients in licensing and enforcement of intellectual property rights, including drafting and negotiating technology transfer agreements, patent license agreements, software license agreements, software as a service (SaaS) agreements, joint development agreements, master services agreements, supply agreements, trademark license agreements, litigation of intellectual property rights, and negotiation of intellectual property provisions in mergers and acquisitions. His practice covers a range of industries, including information technology, financial services, cybersecurity, medical devices, and telecommunications.
Tyler is a member of the Licensing Executives Society and is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia, Eastern District of Virginia, Eastern District of Texas, and Northern District of New York. He is also registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Represented manufacturer of network security hardware and software in negotiation of agreements for combined cloud-based and on-premise network security solution for mitigation of distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks.
- Represented provider of software-based voice trading system in negotiation of numerous SaaS agreements.
- Represented provider of home energy efficiency platform in negotiation of SaaS agreement.
- Represented provider of data analytics and consulting services in negotiation of services agreement for data warehousing and analytics platform.
- Represented IT, cloud, and cybersecurity services company in licensing and protection of its technology and intellectual property and in resolution of numerous contract disputes.
- Represented major financial institutions in defense and settlement of lawsuits and infringement allegations by patent assertion entities.
- Represented major financial institution in development of its patent portfolio on financial services inventions covering multiple lines of business.
- Represented manufacturer of test and measurement equipment in negotiation of joint development agreement and supply agreement relating to thermal imaging technology.
- Represented major manufacturer of consumer and professional lawn and garden products in drafting and negotiating IP terms in asset purchase agreements, IP assignments, and license agreements.
- Represented major retailer in settlement of numerous lawsuits by patent assertion entities.
- Represented medical device manufacturer in drafting and negotiating development agreement, quality agreement and trademark license for the international development and commercialization of technology relating to fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH) probes for cancer detection.
- Represented Fortune 100 company in drafting and negotiating international research collaboration agreement relating to imaging agents comprising proprietary compounds for the detection of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Represented Fortune 100 company in drafting and negotiating license agreement relating to imaging agents comprising proprietary peptides for cancer detection.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in negotiating sublicense and commercialization agreement relating to pharmaceutical composition for treatment of hypertension.
- Represented medical device company in settlement and license negotiations relating to hip prosthesis patents.
- Represented medical device manufacturer in licensing of optical imaging technology.
- Represented biotech company in IP aspects of merger agreement with startup company in the field of monoclonal antibody technology.
- Represented pharmaceutical company accused of infringing patents to abuse-resistant opioid products in licensing and litigation settlement negotiations. Obtained favorable settlement for client on the eve of summary judgment hearing.
- Represented pharmaceutical manufacturer in negotiation of license, development and commercialization agreement relating to opioids.
- Represented manufacturer of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines in patent interference proceeding, appeal, and worldwide licensing and settlement negotiations.