When is a building more than just a building? Always. At Hunton & Williams LLP, we understand that real estate is as much about building homes, hospitals, hotels and headquarters — the human element, if you will — as it is about building assets and profitability. We represent buyers, sellers, developers, investors and real estate investment trusts, landlords and tenants on all aspects of real estate development, transactions and financings, helping our clients achieve their business goals and create stronger communities.
Real estate markets are cyclical, and the lawyers of Hunton & Williams have advised clients at every turn of the wheel. We take the long view for even the most pressing real estate deals, and offer solutions that are often as simple and straightforward as they are elegant and effective. We also recognize that few real estate investments or transactions arise in isolation, and work with lawyers from the firm’s tax, environmental, securities, structured finance and securitization, intellectual property, technology and other practice areas to provide coordinated guidance.
Our real estate team advises clients in all of the core issues facing the industry:
- Acquisitions, dispositions and commercial leasing
- Real estate finance and commercial lending transactions
- Development and construction
- Commercial loan purchases and sales
- Natural resources development, production, management and distribution
- Troubled debt remedies and restructurings
- Real estate capital markets, securitizations and other corporate transactions
- Entitlements and other land use approvals and regulation
- Foreign investments in US real estate
Please visit www.hunton.com/services for more information on our industries and practices.