Matt previously served as a Law Clerk, to the Honorable John K. Olson, US Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida and Judicial Intern to the Honorable Claudia Wilken, US District Court, Northern District of California.
- Represented issuers, underwriters and other parties in securitization of and financing of auto loans, leases, trade receivables, reverse mortgages, insurance and other consumer and commercial assets.
- Represented financial institutions in connection with marketplace lending program.
- Represented both buyers and sellers of distressed debt in domestic and international insolvency cases.
- Represented a portfolio company and certain of its subsidiaries, at one time the third largest SBA lender, as Chapter 11 debtors-in-possession in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors and the Liquidating Trustee of the estates of a national aluminum and glass manufacturing company in a Chapter 11 proceeding.
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in a Chapter 11 cargo transportation bankruptcy case.
- Represented the administrative agent for a multi-hundred million dollar loan in fraudulent transfer litigation in one of the nation's largest Chapter 11 homebuilder bankruptcy.
- Represented financial institution in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of national mortgage originator, lender, and servicer.
- Represented major financial institutions, homebuilders, and building suppliers in multiple fraudulent transfer and preference adversary proceedings, including litigation involving Ponzi schemes.
- Represented Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 Trustee in bankruptcy of multiple hotel properties.
- Substantial experience in defending financial institutions from allegations of violations of various consumer protection statutes.
- Represented private equity firm in purchase of distressed assets in involuntary Chapter 11 proceeding.
- Pro Bono work includes representation of child advocates for the Council for Children’s Rights.