Kim has broad experience with negotiating and documenting on behalf of borrower and lender clients revolving, bridge and term loan facilities, including acquisition financings, recapitalizations and “going private” transactions. She also represents residential mortgage servicers and lenders in financing servicing advance receivables and servicing rights. Additionally, Kim advises borrowers and lenders in debtor-in-possession (“DIP”) financings, troubled loans, workouts and restructurings.
Prior to joining Hunton & Williams, Kim served as a judicial clerk to the Hon. A. Christian Compton of the Supreme Court of Virginia. Kim was named among Virginia Lawyers Weekly’s 2010 "Influential Women of Virginia" and Virginia Business’ 2010 Legal Elite (Business Law) and was selected as a “Rising Star” in banking by Virginia Super Lawyers in both 2007 and 2008. She was also a member of Leadership Metro Richmond’s Class of 2013.
- Represented public consumer products company in $1.5 billion multi-currency secured revolving loan facility.
- Represented public specialty chemical company in $320 million secured term and revolving loan facilities to finance, in part, the strategic acquisition of a chemical manufacturer.
- Represented public REITs in credit facilities used for acquisitions of hotel properties, office buildings and multifamily housing complexes.
- Represented private equity fund in $160 million financing secured by 36 golf courses located throughout the United States.
- Represented private equity portfolio company in a dividend recapitalization awarded the “Refinancing of the Year” by the Global M&A Network in 2009.
- Represented private equity fund in financing its acquisition under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code of a supplier to the recreational vehicle industry. The financing was recognized as the 2008 “Financing Deal of the Year” by The M&A Advisor.
- Represented private equity funds in multi-tranche acquisition financings for “going private” transactions.
- Represents residential mortgage loan servicers in revolving and term loans secured by mortgage servicing rights and excess spread receivables.
- Represents Wall Street and private equity lenders providing financing collateralized by Ginnie Mae, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mac and private label MSRs.
- Represented a public telecommunications company in obtaining DIP and exit financing in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding involving assets and liabilities approaching $1 billion.
- Represented healthcare company in securing $12 million priming lien DIP loan.
- Represented parent company in secured $19 million DIP loan to its subsidiary to facilitate a proposed bankruptcy 363 sale.
- Advises companies in connection with treasury contracts and related cash management arrangements and equipment leases.
- Counsels borrowers on routine loan administration matters, including compliance inquiries, waivers, amendments and consents.