For the health care industry, the destination is clear. The route, however, is not. The lawyers of Hunton & Williams LLP guide clients through the maze of emerging health care delivery models, major transactions and financings, regulatory compliance and intellectual property protection. Most important, we help clients do what they do best: provide excellent patient care, drive population health, and maintain profitability in an increasingly competitive market.
We advise large health systems, hospitals, academic medical centers, large multi-specialty group practices, pharmaceutical companies, medical-device manufacturers and other providers on legal issues that can help drive business success. We deliver specific, client-driven solutions in the following areas, among others:
- New and innovative care delivery and payment arrangements, including the formation of Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) under the new Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and value-based reimbursement
- Health information privacy and data security, including HIPAA, the HITECH Act and related federal and state laws
- Negotiation of outsourcing and vendor relationships
- Joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and other major corporate transactions
- Hospital-physician relationships and compliance with the Stark, anti-kickback and other Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse laws
- Healthcare lending transactions and tax-exempt financing, including serving as bank counsel, underwriter’s counsel, borrower’s counsel and bond counsel
- Intellectual property prosecution, including patents, trademarks and copyrights, and trade secret protection
The health care industry is unique, but many of the strategic and operational issues facing providers, insurers and research institutions are the same as those confronting other leading businesses. We work directly with attorneys from the firm's other practice areas, such as antitrust, environmental law, labor and employment, real estate, securities law, litigation and tax, to ensure these needs are met in a manner that takes into account applicable health care regulatory requirements.
Please visit www.hunton.com/services for more information on our industries and practices.